Our Renacer Hostel or Colombian Highlands Office is a little tricky to find, but if you follow these recommendations come easily:
- Plan arrival time to Tunja before 6:30PM to take the last bus to Villa de Leyva, after that there will be no more buses. Buses from Tunja to Villa de Leyva running every 15min from 6:00AM to 6:30PM.
- Remember, Free taxi from Villa de Leyva´s bus terminal if you stay in our hostel.
Look for the map to get to our hostel on our business card so you can show it to the taxi driver, or download it and print it.
- Address: AV Carrera 10 No 21 – Finca Renacer. Via Puente La Bañadera, 100 meters After Military Base.
- If you prefer walk we are 1,200m from the main square, ask for the “Puente (bridge) de la Bañadera”, then take a right and pass the entrances of the Military Base and take a right again in the house corner we’re 80m further on.
Write or call us to make your reservation or reserve using the Association system: “Pay Here, Sleep There” See the web site www.colombianhostel.co and check the city you are and find the nearest hostel to go and make your reservation.
Mobile. 311 3083739 / 310 5529079
Click on map to view it full size.
1. Bus Terminal 2. Nariño Museum 3. ATMs 4. Police 5. Acuña Museum 6. City Consul 7.El Carmen Church 8. Ricaurte Park 9. El Carmen Park 10. Military Base 11. Hostal RENACER guesthouse. Colombian Highlands Office. 12. Hospital 13. Market 14. Nariño Park 15. Midtown Square
Ver Villa de Leyva – Colombian Highlands Hostal en un mapa más grande
From Bogota, Santa Marta, Bucaramanga, Barichara, San Gil: You can find buses all the time to Tunja, where you can take a mini-bus to V. Leyva each 15 minutes from 6am until 6:30pm.
Alternative Roads: Bogota – Zipaquira – Chiquinquira – Sutamarchan – Villa de Leyva (Buses take about 5hours long / Own transport, ok!)
Bogota – Tunja – Arcabuco – Villa de Leyva (Change bus in Arcabuco, be carefull few buses running a day until 5pm. Own transport, ok!) 3hours
From the South of Colombia.
More common & fast roads: Bogota – Tunja – Villa de Leyva (Change bus in Tunja, only until 6:30pm/ Own transport, ok!) 3:30hours
Bogota – Puente de Boyaca – Samaca – Villa de Leyva (Direct Bus Libertadores only two every day / Own transport, ok!) 3hours
From the North of Colombia
More common & fast roads: San Gil – Tunja – Villa de Leyva (Change bus in Tunja, only until 6:30pm / Own transport, ok!)
San Gil – Arcabuco – Villa de Leyva (Change bus in Arcabuco, be
carefull because few buses running a day and only until 5pm / Own transport, ok!)
San Gil – Moniquira – Santa Sofia ¬– Villa de Leyva (Only with own transport, better 4×4)
From the Center – Magdalena Valley (North / South)
People who like adventure and amazing landscape traveling in a motorhome, 4×4, motorcycle, mountain bikes, and coming from Medellin, Manizales, or from the north of Colombia. Magadalena River is full of ports and Historical towns like Honda (stay at Casa Belle Epoque). Also very close to Dorada the Hacienda Napoles and Ecological Reserve “Rio Claro” are places to visit. And other option to stay is Cimitarra. Keep in mind that about 40km are without asphalt but from this way there are only a few tolls.
North: San Alberto – Puerto Parra – Puerto Araujo – Cimitarra – Velez – Moniquira (two options Santa Sofia or Arcabuco) – Villa de Leyva (Own transport, only 4×4) From Pto Araujo to V.Leyva: 5:30hours
South: Honda – Dorada – Puerto Araujo – Cimitarra – Velez – Moniquira (two options Santa Sofia or Arcabuco) – Villa de Leyva (Own transport, only 4×4) From Pto Araujo to V.Leyva: 5:30hours